When the task manager shows 100% high CPU usage, there are multiple possibilities which can cause such problem.
To simply identify the possible causes, run and check the System Monitor tab in MSI Dragon Center or run another 3rd party system monitor tool, such as the HWInfo…etc to see if the CPU usage shows the same on those programs exactly like what’s shown in the task manager.
If the CPU usage shows the same on the task manager and the monitor tool, visit FAQ-740 for more detail information.
If the CPU usage shows differently (task manager shows 100% high CPU usage while a low CPU usage is shown in the Dragon Center and the 3rd party monitor tool, go through the steps below to solve the problem.
1. Uninstall the current Dragon Center from Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.
2. Re-install the latest Dragon Center version 1.2.1802.0501 released on MSI website. (Refer to Dragon Center clean installation guide)
3. Restore the default power profile registry (IDLEDISABLE) by running the command file in the WinRE environment.
1) Download and extract the file "Restore_idle_disable” on a disk drive. (Here we extract the file on the system drive C: as an example.)
2) Boot the system into the WinRE command prompt. (click Windows key > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Advanced startup > click “Restart now” > click “Troubleshoot” > “Advanced Options” > “Command Prompt” > select the user account and enter the user password)
3) Go to the file directory where the command file is saved before by entering command “C:”.
4) Make sure that the command file exists by entering command “dir”.
5) Enter the command file name “Restore_idle_disable.cmd” to run the command file.
6) Enter “EXIT” to exit the command prompt windows and boot into the Windows system after the process complete.